- 1 cup of unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or any flavoring you desire
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- Mix butter and sugar until well blended. Add in one egg. Then add the other ingredients and mix on low speed until incorporated and it forms a dough.
- Roll the dough out and place in between two pieces of wax paper and chill for about 30 minutes. This makes it easier to cut your shapes.
- Roll out your dough to the desired thickness (I like sugar cookies on the thicker side) and cut. Place on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper and place in the fridge for about ten-fifteen minutes. I do this so it doesn’t spread while baking and holds its shape.
- Bake at 350F for about 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browning.
- Frost your cookies with royal icing. I either use the recipe by Sweet Ambs or I buy CK brand royal icing. All you have to do is add water, and it’s so quick, easy, and delicious!!!
You can find the CK mixes on amazon.com
Happy baking! xxoo