For the crust:
-2 cups of ground graham crackers (about 30 squares or to make it easier, buy the crumbs already crushed 🙂
-1 stick of melted butter
For the filling:
-2 blocks of full fat cream cheese (I use Philadelphia)
-1 cup of sugar
-1 pint of greek yogurt
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips (if desired)
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Combine butter and crumbs until evenly distributed
3. Coat an 8 inch springform pan with baking spray and pour the crumb mixture into the pan.
4. Spread it evenly and pat it down with the bottom of a glass.
5. Bake it for about 10 minutes and remove to cool (you may want to just place it in the fridge at this time)
Meanwhile for the filling:
1. Beat cream cheese and sugar on low until smooth and free of clumps
2. Add eggs one at a time on low speed
3. Fold in the yogurt, extract, and if desired, chocolate chips and mix evenly with a spoon or spatula
4. Pour the cheesecake mixture onto the cooled crumb mixture
5. Place aluminum foil around the bottom and slightly up the sides of the springform pan to prevent spilling
6. I got this last tip from Passion For Baking Manuela’s Blog! To avoid having to make the water bath used for cheesecake, she has an oreo cheesecake recipe recommending to bake at 212F for three hours. Yes, it takes long, but I preferred not to make the water bath so I went with the slow bake
Topping (for the Almond Joy flavor)!
– top with ganache, sliced almonds, and coconut flakes. Some of this could be included into the mixture, but I did not want to add almonds inside so I just went with the topping. It was delicious!