Finally posting this recipe! Sorry that it took so long; I’ve been neglecting the blog.
For the Crust:
*1 cup of vanilla Oreos (about 20 cookies) OR just buy graham cracker crumbs and you can skip the whole process of crushing Oreos 🙂
*2 tbs of unsalted melted butter
To make the crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 6-inch springform pan
2. Crush Oreos in a food processor and mix with melted butter.
3. Press the mixture into the pan and bake for about 10 minutes.
4. Refrigerate or freeze to cool while you make the filling.
The recipe for the cheesecake itself can be found on the back of Knox Gelatin, but I doubled it as follows:
*2 envelopes of gelatin
*1 cup sugar
*2 cups of boiling water
*4 packages of 8 oz full fat cream cheese (softened)
*1 tsp vanilla
For coffee flavor add:
*1 tsp black coffee
1. Mix gelatin and sugar in a small bowl and add about 2 cups of boiling water. Stir for about 5 minutes or until the gelatin is dissolved.
2. Beat cream cheese, vanilla, and coffee in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add the gelatin mixture slowly and beat until well combined.
3. Pour the mixture onto the prepared crust.
It should be completely done in about 6-8 hours (to be completely safe though, I usually let set overnight). Thereafter, you can remove from the springform pan and top with whatever you would like! I put buttercream, Reese’s Cups, and chocolate sauce on this one
For the Chantilly cream on the outside of the cheesecake itself:
*Place mixing bowl in the freezer for 5 minutes.
Take out and add two cups of heavy whipping cream to the bowl. Then add two TBS of pure granulated sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla.
Mix on medium and then up to high speed until soft peaks form